Salor kari chon.
(Curry soup with snail)
Delicious curry soup with succulent Apple snail and collar green is authentic country food recipe from Khmer Krom in Karmourn Sor (Rach gia) province.
- Ingredients :
- 1 lb Package frozen Apple snails’ meat.(Frozen section at most Asian stores).Washed and drained.
- 1 to 1˝ lbs. Collar green leaves. Chopped.
- 8 Cups water.
- 1 Small canned or 1 cup coconut milk.
- ˝ Cup fresh or frozen minced lemon grass.
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves.
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder.
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce.
- 1 Tablespoon sugar.
- 2 Tablespoons cooking oil.
- 1 Teaspoon shrimp paste (kapik).
- 1 Yellow onion. Chopped.
- 3 Cloves garlic. Minced.
- Procedures :
Boiled snail meat with 4 cups water in small pot. Cook till snails’ meat tender to your liking, most Khmer Krom prefers chewy meat. Drained snail meat in to colander, rinsed under cold water. Drained and set it a side.
Using mortal and pestles to crushed garlic with lemon grass, curry powder and lime leaves by hand or by food process. Set a side.
Heat up the soup pot. When it hot, pour cooking oil.
Saute' mix curry spices, onion and snail meat. Stirs well.
Pour the remaining 4 cups water and coconut milk, and cook till soup boiled.
Add collar green leaves. Stirs well.
Seasoning with sugar, fish sauce and shrimp paste. Stirs well.
Serve hot with rice.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.