Salor pakon nung poat.
(Corn and shrimp soup).
Fresh corn kernels with green leaves vegetable and shrimp savory with a touch of pickle mudfish(pahok)is delicious. This country soup from Khmer Krom in Prah Trapeang (Tra Vinh)province.
- Ingredients :
- ½ lb Shrimp, peeled, de veined and grounded
- 2 Stalks green onion, chopped
- ½ Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 3 Fresh ears of corn, removed hush and silks
- 4 Cups water
- ¼ Cup
fresh or frozen minced lemon grass
- 1½-2 lbs Collar green or Kale leaves, chopped
- ½ Tablespoon creamy style pickle fish(pahok)
- 2 Tablespoons roasted rice powder
- Procedures :
In a small bowl, put grounded shrimp, green onion, sugar, fish sauce and black pepper together, mix well and set it a side.
In a large bowl, take a sharp knife scrapes corn kernels from the cob, or cut corn kernels thinly, when done set a side.
Put water and lemon grass in a soup pot, cook till water bubbling, add corn kernels in boiling and cook till it tender, add marinated shrimp and collar green( or kale leaves), stirs well.
Seasoning with pickle fish(pahok)and roasted rice powder.
Serve hot with rice.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.