Nhoam trosot nung klien moan.
(Cucumber salad with chicken gizzards) .
Boiled chicken gizzards with crisp cucumber, carrot, mix herbs, beanthread noodles and vinaigrette sauce is Khmer Krom country food. This delicious recipe is great for appetizer (mahope sar) or with rice.
- Ingredients :
- 1 lb. Chicken gizzards, cleaned each one well, drained
- 6 Cups water
- 1/3 Cup white vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 Stalks green onion, chopped
- 1 Small package (approx 1.7 oz) bean thread noodles
- 3 Fresh cucumbers, peeled, seeded and julienne
- 3 Carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 Cup chopped fresh herbs;( mint, sweet basil leaves and cilantro)
- ½ Cup unsalted roasted peanut or honey roasted peanut
- Procedures :
Put chicken gizzards and water in a small pot and boiled till gizzard tender (but not over cook), drained, sliced gizzards thin and set a side.
In a small bowl, mix vinegar with sugar, salt and fish sauce, mix well, add green onion, stirs well and set it a side.
Soaked bean thread noodle in hot water for 5 minutes, drained and cut an inch in length.
In a large bowl, mix noodle with cucumber, carrots, herbs and gizzards together, add prepared vinaigrette sauce, mix well.
Top with roasted peanut before serve.
Serve as appetizer (mahope sar) or with rice along with ginger sauce.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.