Nhoam plai spu.
(Star fruit salad).
Khmer Krom loves Carambola(star fruit). Star fruit is crisp, juicy , yellowish green fruit that when slices it look like star. It's very tasty raw or cook.
Sliced star fruit with dried shrimp and grilled fish savory with vinaigrette sauce is authentic country recipe from Khmer Krom in *Karmourn Sor* Rach Gia province.
- Ingredients :
- ½ Lb Fillet basa, catfish or salmon
- 3 Star fruit
- ¼ Cup white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- ½ Teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 Yellow onion, sliced thin
- 2 oz Large size dried shrimp , soaked in warm water, drained
- 1 Cup chopped mix herbs; cilantro, mint, and sweet basil leaves
- ½ Cup unsalted roasted peanut
- 1 Hot chili pepper, slice (option)
- Procedures :
Boiled or grilled fish till tender. When fish cooked, use fork to breaks fish in to chunks and set a side.
Trimmed off the greenish off the edge of star fruit tips, sliced thin, removed seeds and set a side.
In a large bowl, mix vinegar with sugar, salt, fish sauce together, mix well, add onion, dried shrimp and star fruit, mix well, add fresh herbs and mix well.
Put salad on a plate, top with grilled or boiled fish, roasted peanut and chili pepper.
Serve with rice or as * mahope sar * appetizer .
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.