Num pachok kari sach moan.
( Chicken curry noodle).
Chicken curry noodle soup is delicious Khmer Krom country food.
- Ingredients :
- 8 Cups water
- 1 Package rice vermicelli noodle
- ¼ lb bean sprout, washed and drained
- A handful fresh mint, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Yellow onion, sliced
- 3 Tablespoons fresh or frozen minced lemon grass
- 1 Whole chicken or 2 lbs boneless chicken, cut chunks bite sizes
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder
- 3 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ½ Teaspoon paprika
- A dash of black pepper
- 3 Medium sweet potato or white potao or 8 small red potato, peeled, cut chunks
- 1 Canned, 14oz, coconut milk
- 6 Cups water
- Procedures :
Put 8 cups water in a large pot, cook till water bubbling, add noodle to boiling water, cook till noodle tender. Pour cooked noodle in a colander, rinsed under cold water, drained and set a side.
In a large bowl, mix bean sprouts and mint leaves together, set a side.
Pre-heat a large soup pot.
When soup pot is hot, add oil, garlic, lemon grass, chicken and curry powder, stirs well.
Seasoning with fish sauce, salt, sugar, paprika and black pepper, stirs well, add potato and onion, stirs well.
Add coconut milk and 6 cups water, stirs and cook till chicken meat tender.
Serve hot with noodle, rice or hot French bread.
To serve with noodle:
Put some vegetables in a bowl, add some cooked noodle and pour curry chicken on top. Serve immediately.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.