Trop char sach chrouk.
(Pork with coconut eggplant.)
This spicy grounded pork with egg plant is delicious recipe from Khmer Krom in Ca Mau (Tirk Khmao) province.
- Ingredients :
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Yellow onion, chopped
- ½ Teaspoon turmeric powder, or 1 tablespoon fresh grated turmeric roots
- ½ lb Grounded pork
- 2 Asian egg plant, peeled and cut small cubes
- 1 Small canned 5.6 oz , or 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon shrimp paste (kapik)
- ½ Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Chopped hot chili pepper, or to your taste(option)
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- Procedures :
Pre heat a skillet or wok.
When skillet is hot, add oil, garlic, yellow onion, turmeric and grounded pork, stirs well.
Add egg plant and coconut milk, stirs well.
Covered skillet with lid and simmering till the egg plant tender.
Seasoning with fish sauce, shrimp paste, sugar, hot chili pepper and black pepper, stirs well.
Serve hot with rice.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.