Nhoam pa kong.
This salad recipe with boiled shrimp, cabbage, fresh herbs and gingery lime sauce is absolutely delicious Khmer country food. Very easy to make and great dish to serve with rice or as an appetizer*mahope sar*.
- Ingredients :
- 4 Cups water
- 1 lb Shrimp
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 Yellow sweet onion, sliced
- ½ Cabbage head, shredded(approx 6 cups)
- 1 Bell pepper, seeded and sliced thin
- A handful of chopped mix herbs; (mint , cilantro , sweet basil leaves )
- 1 Cup unsalted roasted peanut, crushed
- Procedures :
Cook water in a small pot, add shrimp to boiling water and cook till shrimp turned pink color. Pour cooked shrimp in to a colander, rinsed with cold water, peeled, deveined and set it a side.
In a small bowl, mix lime juice with sugar, fish sauce, salt and ginger together, mix well, add onion, stirs and set a side.
In a large bowl, mix cabbage with bell pepper and shrimps together, pour prepared lime sauce over, mix well, add mix herbs, mix well.
Top with peanut before serve.
Serve with rice along with sweet fish sauce.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.