Slap moan char la miet.
(Turmeric chicken wings).
Spicy hot chicken wings with turmeric and lemon grass is delicious Khmer Krom country food.
- Ingredients :
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ Cup fresh or frozen minced lemon grass
- 1 Teaspoon turmeric powder, or 3 or 4 fresh turmeric roots, minced
- 3 Hot chili pepper, minced
- 10 Chicken wing, approx 2 lbs, cut wing at joint
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- ½ Cup water
- 4 Stalks of green onion, chopped an inch in length
- Procedures :
Heat up a wok or skillet.
When it hot, add oil, garlic, lemon grass,turmeric, chili pepper and chicken wings, stirs well.
Seasoning with fish sauce, sugar, salt and water,stirs well.
Covered skillet with lid and simmering till chicken wing tender.
Add green onion,stirs well.
Serve hot with rice or serve as mahope sar (appetizer).
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.