Ung kep char cari.
(Frog legs curry)
Frog legs curry with coconut sauce, bean threat noodles and peanut is delicious Khmer Krom country food.
- Ingredients :
- 1 lb Skinless frog legs
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh or frozen minced lemon grass
- ½ Tablespoon sugar
- ½ Teaspoon paprika
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ Yellow onion, sliced
- ½ Cup water
- 1 Small can, 5.6 oz Chau Doc coconut milk
- 1 Small package, 1.7 oz bean thread noodles, soaked in hot water,drained and cut 2 inches long
- 3 Stalks green onion, chopped an inch long
- 1/3 Cup roasted unsalted peanut,crushed
- Procedures :
In a large bowl,put frog legs with curry powder, garlic, lemon grass, sugar, paprika, salt, fish sauce and black pepper together, mix well and set a side.
Heat up a skillet or wok in high temperature.
When skillet hot add oil,yellow onion and marinated frog legs, stirs, add water and coconut milk, stirs well.
Add bean threat noodle and green onion, stirs well, covered skillet with lid and simmering till sauce reduces.
Top with peanut before serve.
Serve hot with rice or as apetizer (mahope sar).
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.