Sach ko char slirk s’krey.
(Beef with lemon grass).
Stir fry beef with lemon grass and peppers is delicious Khmer ethnic food. This recipe could serves with rice or as mahope sar (appetizer) .
- Ingredients :
- ½ lb Beef sirloin or round, sliced thin
- 1 Yellow onion, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- ½ Teaspoon paprika
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons vegetalbe oil
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- ½ Cup fresh or frozen minced lemon grass
- 1 Red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 Green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 Chopped hot chili pepper or to your taste (option)
- ½ Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Stalk green onion, chopped
- 1/3 Cup unsalted roasted peanut, crushed
- Procedures :
Put beef, yellow onion, soy sauce, salt, paprika and black pepper in a large bowl, mix well together and set a side.
Heat up a skillet or wok in high temperature.
When skillet is hot, add oil, garlic, lemon grass and beef, stirs well.
Add red, green bell peppers, hot chili pepper and green onion, stirs.
Seasoning with fish sauce and sugar, stirs well.
Top with peanut before serve.
Serve hot with rice or as mahope sar (appetizer).
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.