Pakon char nung chruot chluke .
( Shrimp and pickle lotus stems.)
One of Sino-Khmer Krom favorite holiday recipes to cook for Chinese New Year is stir-fry shrimp with crisp pickle lotus. This recipe is quick, easy and delicious. Great for serve as appetizer (mahope sar) or serve with rice along with a salty dish such as caramelized pork and egg with coconut juice.
- Ingredients :
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 Cloves garlic,minced
- 1 Yellow onion or 6 scallions, sliced
- ½-1 lb Shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 lb Pickle lotus stems, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Teaspoon sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- 2 Stalks green onion, chopped
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- A handful chopped cilantro (option)
- Procedures :
Pre heat a skillet or wok.
When wok is hot, add oil, garlic, yellow onion (or scallions), shrimp and lotus stems, stirs till shrimp turns darker pink color.
Seasoning with soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, and salt, stirs well.
Add green onion and black pepper, stirs.
Top with chopped cilantro.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.