Salor manor nung ktuy ko.
(Oxtail and pineapple soup. )
Oxtail and pineapple soup is Khmer ethnic food. It is very easy to make and very delicious.
- Ingredients :
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 Cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 2 lbs Oxtail
- 1 Yellow onion, sliced
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 7 Cups water
- ½ Pineapple, cut chunks
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Stalks green onion, chopped
- A handful of chopped paddy herbs , and sweet basil leaves
- 2 Hot chili pepper or to your taste, sliced(option)
- Procedures :
Pre-heat a large soup.
When soup pot is hot, add oil and garlic, saute' garlic till it turn brown, removed garlic from oil and put it in a small bowl, set a side.
Add ox tail, yellow onion and salt in with hot oil, stirs well.
Add water, cook till ox tail tender.
Add pineapple, cook till water bubbling.
Seasoning soup with fish sauce and sugar.
Top with roasted garlic, onion, herbs and hot chili pepper.
Serve hot with rice.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.