Salor slirk s’det nung trey.
(Pea shoots and basa fish soup.)
Pea shoots also know as pea vine leaves with fish soup is delicious Khmer Krom country food. Our people love pea shoots because it is cheap, taste good and it is one of the healthiest vegetables. The villagers from my province prefers flavor this soup with *mam* fermented fish or *pahok* pickle fish.
This recipe is for with or without *mam* or *pahok*.
- Ingredients :
- 4 Cups water
- ¼ Cup fresh or frozen minced lemon grass
- ½ lb Fillet basa or catfish, cut to bite size chunks
- 1 lb Pea shoots, washed and drained
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon roasted rice powder
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce ( or 1 tablespoon fish sauce if cook with Mam or Pahok)
- 2 Stalks green onion,chopped
- WITH MAM OR PAHOK:
- 1 Tablespoon creamy boneless mam or pahok
- Procedures :
Cook water and lemon grass in a soup pot till water bubbling, add fish to boiling water and cook till fish tender then add pea shoots, stirs.
Seasoning with black pepper, sugar, roasted rice powder and fish sauce.
or if prefer WITH MAM OR PAHOK, add and stirs creamy *mam or *pahok*.
Top with green onion.
Serve hot with rice.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.