Nhom swai chey nung ngiet trey toke.
(Green mango salad with dried fish.)
Spicy green mango with salty dried fish and fresh herbs is delicious Khmer country food.
- Ingredients :
- ½ Salty dried snakehead fish *ngiet trey tok*, soaked in cold water, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ Tablespoon sugar
- 4 Hot chili pepper, minced (option)
- ½ Tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 Large green mango, peeled and juliennes
- A handful of fresh herbs or just chopped mint leaves
- Procedures :
Cook dried fish on low heat grill. When fish cooked, removed bones and breaks fish meat to small chunks, set a side.
In a small bowl mix lime juice with sugar, pepper and fish sauce, mix well and set a side.
In a large bowl, mix green mango with dried fish and fresh herbs, pour prepared lime sauce over, mix well.
Serve with rice.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.