Bai lieng nung poat.
( Corn fried rice.)
Khmer Krom fried rice with corn, pork and shrimp is delicious.
Our people usually makes corn fried rice for food offerings on religious holidays, special occasions like wedding or for dinner party. Corn fried rice is very easy to prepare and everyone loves it.
- Ingredients :
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Yellow onion, chopped
- ¼ lb Lean pork meat or ham, diced
- 1 Canned,15½ oz,whole kennel corn, drained
- ½-1 lb Shrimp, peeled, de-veined, if large size shrimp cut in half
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ Tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 4 Cups cooked Jasmine rice
- 2 Stalks green onion, chopped
- Procedures :
Pre-heat a non-stick skillet or wok with high temperature.
When wok is hot, add oil, garlic, onion and pork meat, stirs till meat tender, add corn and shrimp, stirs well.
Seasoning with soy sauce, fish sauce,salt and black pepper, stirs well.
Add rice, stirs till rice hot and fluffy.
Add green onion, stirs well.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.