Salor cari pos ko.
(Curry beef tripe soup.)
Curry beef with beef tripe, eggplant, lotus shoots and coconut soup is absolutely delicious Khmer ethnic food.
- Ingredients :
- ½ lb Beef tripe, soaked in vinegar, scrubs with baking soda, rinsed well
- 6 Cups water
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ Cup fresh or frozen minced lemon grass
- ½ lb Beef, sliced thin
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder
- ¼ Teaspoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Large Asian egg plant, cut chunks
- 8 oz Boiled lotus shoot, rinsed and drained
- 2 Kaffir lime leaf
- 1 Cup coconut milk
- 4 Cups water
- 2 Stalks green onion, chopped ½ inch in length
- Procedures :
Put beef tripe and 6 cups water in a large pot, cook for 30 minutes, drained and rinsed well under cold water, cut to chunks bite sizes, set a side.
Pre-heat a soup pot.
When soup pot is hot, add oil, garlic, lemon grass, sliced beef and beef tripe, stir well.
Seasoning with curry powder, paprika, sugar, fish sauce, salt and black pepper.
Add eggplant, lotus shoots and kaffir lime leaves.
Add coconut milk and 4 cups water, and simmering till meat tender.
Top with green onion.
Serve hot with rice.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.