Salor machu manor nung s’ung chrouk.
(Sweet sour pineapple pork ribs soup. )
Sweet, sour and spicy pineapple soup with pork riblets is delicious Khmer Krom food.
- Ingredients :
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 to 1 ½ lbs Pork riblets, cut to chunks
- 2 Tablespoons fresh or frozen minced lemon grass
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Small canned chunk pineapple or ½ fresh pineapple, cut chunks
- 2 Kaffir lime leaf
- 5 Cups water
- 2 Stalks taro, peeled and sliced
- 2 Cupsbean sprouts
- 1 Tomato, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Knorr tamarind powder
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- A handful of chopped fresh rice paddy herb, and saw leaf herb
- 2 Chopped fresh chili pepper, or to your taste(option)
- Procedures :
Pre-heat a soup pot, add oil and garlic when it hot.
Saute' garlic till light brown color then removed only toasted garlic and set it a side.
Add pork riblets, lemon grass, salt and black pepper in to soup pot, stirs well.
Add pineapple, kaffir lime leaf and water, and cook till pork riblets tender.
Add taro stalks, bean sprouts and tomato.
Seasoning soup with tamarind powder, sugar and fish sauce, stirs well.
Top with fresh herbs, chili pepper and roasted garlic before serve.
Serve hot with rice.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.