Slap moan char kreung nung num umxua
( Turmeric chicken wings with bean thread noodle.)
Chicken wings with turmeric and bean thread noodle is delicous Khmer ethnic food.
- Ingredients :
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Yellow onion, sliced
- ½ Cup fresh or frozen minced lemon grass
- 1 Teaspoon turmeric powder, or 3 or 4 fresh turmeric roots, minced
- 1 ½ lbs Chicken wings
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- ½ Cup water
- 2 Cups thick bean thread noodles, already soaked in warm water, or 1 small, 1.7 oz package thin bean thread noodles, soaked in warm water, drained
- 1 Red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 Stalks green onion, chopped
- Procedures :
Pre-heat a large skillet or wok.
When skillet is hot, add oil, garlic, onion, lemon grass, turmeric and chicken wings,stirs well.
Seasoning with fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and black pepper, stirs well.
Add water, covered skillet with lid, and simmering till chicken tender.
Add bean thread noodles, red pepper and green onion, stirs well before serve.
Serve hot with rice.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.