Salor spee t'souy nung pakon.
(Shrimp and yu choy soup.)
Shrimp with crisp yu choy (Chinese flowering cabbage) soup is delicious Khmer Krom country food.
- Ingredients :
- ½ lb Shrimp,peeled and chopped
- 2 Stalks green onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce ( if use with pickle or fermented fish add only 1 tablespoon fish sauce)
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 4 Cups water
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh or frozen lemon grass
- 1 lb yu choy, cut 3 inches in length,washed, rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon pickle fish (pahok) or fermented fish (mam) ( option)
- 2 Tablespoons roasted rice powder
- Procedures :
In a small bowl, mix shrimp with green onion, sugar, fish sauce and black pepper together, set it a side.
Put water and lemon grass in a soup pot, cook till water boiling.
Add yu choy to boiling water, cook till yu choy tender.
Add marinated shrimp and cook till shrimp turns darker pink color.
Add *pahok* or *mam* and roasted rice powder. (option)
Serve hot with rice.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.