Num kari chien.
(Fried curry bread )
Khmer Krom loveyucca root(cassava roots). We use cassava roots from soup to dessert. This curry bread made from shredded cassava root and Khmer’s favorite spices .
- Ingredients :
- 4 Cups shredded cassava (approx 1½ lb) yucca root
- 2 Stalks green onion, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh or frozen minced lemon grass
- 2 Hot chili pepper or to your taste,minced
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 4 Cups vegetable oil for deep fry
- ¼ Teaspoon salt (option)
- Procedures :
Squeezes out liquid from shredded cassava root, put it in a large bowl, add green onion, lemon grass, hot chili pepper and curry powder, mix well.
Form cassava mixtured to a small elongate shape like finger. When done set it a side.
Heat oil in a skillet or wok on high temperature. When oil bubbling hot, fry curry bread till it golden.Removed fried bread from hot oit and placed in a strainer to drained out excessive oil. Springkles with salt before serve.
Note: Make sure oil is bubbling hot before deep fry cassava bread otherwise it will fall apart.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.