Trey chien tirk chon samoth.
(Fried fish with oyster sauce.)
Crispy fried fish savory with sweet, tangy oyster sauce and crisp vegetables is very tasty Khmer Krom food. This recipe is great with any fresh fish.
- Ingredients :
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1½-2 lbs Whole fish seabass or fish of your choice, cleaned, pat dry with paper towel
- 1½ Cups water
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons oyster sauce
- ½ Tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
- ½ Tablespoon tamarind juice, stirs well before measure
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 Carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 Green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 Chili or jalapeno pepper, sliced (option)
- 2 Stalks green onion, chopped ½ inch in length
- A handful of chopped cilantro
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- Procedures :
Pre-heat a large skillet or wok with high temperature.
When skillet is hot, add oil and put whole fish in hot oil, fry fish till crispy on both sides, remove fried fish and put it in a large plate, set a side.
In a small bowl, mix water with cornstarch, oyster sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, and tamarind juice together, mix well and set a side.
Heat up a small saucepan or wok with high temperature.
When saucepan is hot, add oil, garlic, ginger, carrot, bell pepper, jalapeno and green onion, stirs well.
Add prepared cornstarch sauce with vegetables, stirs till sauce thicken, pour sauce on fried fish.
Top with cilantro and black pepper.
Serve hot with rice and sweet fish sauce.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.