Sach ko ang tirk swai.
(Barbecue mango beef . )
Tender and juicy grilled beef savory with sweet, sour and spicy mango sauce is Khmer Krom ethnic food.
Traditionally, we cook this marinated beef on portable charcoal grill which normally placed on the center of dinning table. Each family member would take turns grill meat to their liking then wraps cooked meat with either cold rice vermicelli noodles or rice thread noodles *num banh hoi*, or with moisten rice paper with crisp lettuce and fresh herbs, and then dips it in our favorite Khmer Krom sauces. Very yummy!
- Ingredients :
- 1½ - 2 lbs Sirloin steak, sliced thin strips
- ½ Cup water
- 1 Ripe mango , peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon palm sugar or light brown sugar
- ½ Tablespoon tamarind juice (stirs well before measure)
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ Cup fresh or frozen minced lemon grass
- 4 Cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 Stalk green onion, chopped
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 4 Hot chili pepper or to your taste (option)
- Procedures :
Put sliced meat in a large bowl, set a side.
In a blender, put water, mango, oil, sugar, tamarind juice, soy sauce, lemon grass, garlic, onion, black pepper and chili pepper, blended well together.
Pour prepared mango sauce over sliced meat, mix well, covered container with lid and refrigerate it over night or at least 4 hours.
Cook marinated meat on hot grill to your liking.
Serve hot with rice or with rice noodle along with fresh vegetables and sweet fish sauce , or pickle fish sauce *tirk pahok*.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.