Num banh hoi sach moan ang.
(Rice thread noodle with grilled chicken. )
Rice thread noodle with grilled honey chicken is delicious Khmer Krom food.
- Ingredients :
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 Stalks green onion, chopped
- 1 Package prepared num banh hoi noodle(sold at Asian markets)
- 1½ lbs boneless chicken tender or chicken breast, cut thin strips
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Stalk green onion, minced
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon paprika
- ½ Cup water
- Roman lettuce, washed and drained
- 1 Cucumber, peeled and sliced thin
- A bunch of fresh mix herbs or mint leaves, washed and drained.
- Procedures :
Heat vegetable oil in a small saucepan. When oil is hot add green onion, sauté green onion till it soften.
Put a thin layer of cooked noodle on a large plate, spreads a little onion oil on top. Repeat same procedure with another layer noodle till done. Put prepared bean thread noodle "num banh hoi" a side.
In a large bowl, put chicken meat with garlic, onion, soy sauce, honey, lime juice, sesame oil, black pepper, paprika and water together, mix well. Refrigerated chicken meat over night or at least 4 hours before cook.
Cook marinated chicken meat on low heat grill until meat tender and both sides meat golden brown.
Put prepared rice thread noodle “num banh hoi” on a large plate along with grilled chicken strips, lettuce, sliced cucumber, mix herbs, and a bowl of sweet fish sauce.
TO EAT: Wraps chicken meat with lettuce, noodle, cucumber, mix herbs and dips with sweet fish sauce.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.