Trey chien xieng .
(Fried fish with soybean paste.)
Golden crispy fried red snapper savory with spicy gingery soybean paste and crisp vegetables is fantastic Khmer Krom country food.
- Ingredients :
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Whole red snapper, approx 2 lbs, cleaned, keep head and pat dry with paper towel
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons soy bean paste
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Yellow onion, sliced
- 1 oz Fresh ginger root peeled and sliced thin
- 2 Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 Stalks celery, sliced an inch in lenght
- 1 oz Black fungus mushroom, soaked in hot water and chopped finely
- 2 Stalks green onion, chopped
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 4 Hot chili pepper or to your taste(option)
- Procedures :
Pre-heat a skillet or wok on high temperature.
When skillet is hot, add 3 tablespoons oil and put whole fish in hot oil, fry till fish crispy and golden brown on both sides, remove fried fish and put it on a large plate, set a side.
In a small bowl, mix water with cornstarch, soybean paste, soy sauce, salt and sugar together, mix well and set it a side.
Pre-heat a small saucepan with high temperature.
When saucepan is hot, add 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, onion, ginger, carrot, celery and black fungus mushroom, stirs well.
Pour prepared soybean sauce over, stirs well till sauce thicken.
Add green onion , black pepper and hot chili pepper, stirs and pour soybean sauce over fried fish.
Serve hot with rice.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.