Sach ko chee krohom ang.
(Grilled sweet basil steak. )
Tender, juicy grilled steak flavor with Khmer unique blended of herbs and spices is very easy to make, and absolutely delicious.
Most Khmer Krom prefers this hot spicy steak rare with pickle fish dipping sauce *tirk pahok*.
- Ingredients :
- 2 Petite sirloin steaks (1-1½ lbs)
- 1/3 Cup water
- 2 Cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 Stalk green onion, chopped
- A handful fresh sweet basil leaves
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon palm sugar , or light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 Teaspoon honey
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 4 Hot chili pepper or to your taste(option)
- Procedures :
Put meat in a large container, set a side.
In a blender, put water, garlic, onion, sweet basil leaves, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, sugar, lime juice honey , black and chili pepper, blend it together.
Pour and rubs prepared sauce on meat, covered container with lid and refrigerated it over night or at least 4 hours.
Cook steak on hot grill to your liking.
Sever hot with rice.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.