Sach moan char trop.
(Stir-fry chicken eggplant. )
Stir-fry chicken and eggplant is very tasty and very easy Khmer recipe. Many Khmer Krom prefers stir-fry chicken eggplant with a lot of chopped chili pepper.
- Ingredients :
- ½ Cup water
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon corn starch
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Yellow onion, chopped
- ½ lb Boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut to bite sizes
- 4 Asian egg plant, cut to bite sizes
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 3 Chopped hot chili pepper or to your taste (option)
- 1 Stalk green onion, chopped
- A handful chopped fresh cilantro
- Procedures :
In a small bowl, mix water with sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, salt and cornstarch, set a side.
Pre-heat a wok or skillet.
When skillet is hot, add oil, garlic, yellow onion, and chicken breast.
Seasoning with prepared sauce and black pepper.
Add eggplant, stirs and covered skillet with lid and simmering till eggplant tender.
Add green onion and cilantro, stirs and serve.
Serve hot with rice.