Bai ta-nop tnor.
(Stick sweet rice and jack fruit. )
Fragrant Jasmine sweet rice with jack fruit, black eye peas and coconut is Khmer ethnic dessert.
Some Khmer Krom prefers boiled sticky rice and jack fruit wraps in banana leaf that shapes like *num anksom* or *num kom*
- Ingredients :
- ¼ Cup uncooked black eye peas, soaked in hot water for 2 hours, drained
- 2 Cup water
- 1 Can
- 1 Cup sugar or palm sugar
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 Cups un cook Jasmine sweet rice, soaked in cold water for 2 hours, rinsed and drained
- 6 Pulps fresh or frozen jack fruit, sliced thin strips
- Procedures :
Put black eye peas and water in a small pot, cook till peas tender. Pour cooked peas in a colander set a side to drained.
Pour coconut milk in a non-stick skillet or wok, simmering till sauce reduced. Add sugar, salt, vanilla extract, sticky rice and cooked black eyes peas, stirs well.
Arranges strips jack fruit at the bottom of small bowl, add prepared sweet rice and peas on top. Set a side when done. Should have 4 sweet rice bowls.
Put sweet rice bowls in steamer and steamed till sweet rice tender. Removed cooked sweet rice bowls from heat and set it a side to cool off.
To serve, turn steamed sweet rice bowl upside down on a serving plate then remove the bowl. Top with prepared coconut sauce before serve.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.