Trey kho chia mui xieng.
( Fish with soy bean paste).
Fish with gingery soybean paste sauce is delicious Khmer Krom country food.
- Ingredients :
- 1 Cups water
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ Cup slices fresh ginger root
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 Tablespoons soy bean paste
- 2 Hot chili pepper, or to your taste, chopped(option)
- 1 Whole Asian catfish or basa fish, approx 1½ lb, cleaned and cut chunks, or 1 package prepared frozen Asian catfish or Basa fish(at most Asian markets), or any fish that you prefers
- 2 Stalks green onion, chopped
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- Procedures :
Mix water with garlic, ginger, sugar, fish sauce, soy bean paste,hot chili pepper together in a skillet or pot that big enough to hold all ingredients.
Add fish and simmering till fish tender and water reduced, while cooking
turns fish over couple time so both sides well coated with sauce.
When fish cooked, add green onion and black pepper.
Serve hot with rice and fresh or boiled vegetables.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.