Sach moan char s’det kur.
( Grounded chicken with string beans. )
Stir-fry grounded chicken with Asian long string beans and turmeric is easy and delicious country food recipe from Khmer Krom in Peam ba-rach (Long xuyen) province. Authentic recipe very spicy with lot of hot chili pepper and seasoning with shrimp paste (kapik) instead of fish sauce.
- Ingredients :
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Yellow onion, chopped
- ½ Grounded chicken breast
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce, or 1 tablespoon shrimp paste (kapik)
- ½ Teaspoon turmeric powder, or 3 or 4 fresh turmeric roots, minced
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb Asian long string bean, cut 2 inches in length
- ¼ Cup water
- A handful of pepper leaf (option)
- 3 Chopped hot chili pepper or to your taste(option)
- Procedures :
Heat up skillet or wok in high temperature.
When it hot add oil, garlic, onion and grounded chicken.
Seasoning with fish sauce or shrimp paste,turmeric, sugar, salt and black pepper, stirs well.
Add string bean and water, stirs and covered skillet with lid, and cook till bean tender.
Add chili pepper and pepper leaves.
Serve hot with rice.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.