Num pachok sach ko ang.
(Rice vermicelli noodle with grilled beef. )
Traditionally Khmer Krom people uses portable charcoal grill to cook meat as they eat. Hot grill places on the center of dinning table; each person would grill meat to their liking. But some people prefers to grilled beef ahead of time. Grilled beef wraps with lettuce, cucumber, herbs and rice vermicelli noodle dips with sweet fish sauce or pickle fish sauce is absolute delicious.
- Ingredients :
- 8 Cups water
- 1 Package rice vermicelli noodle
- 1½-2lbs lean beef sirloin, sliced thin strips
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Stalk green onion, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon cayenne pepper powder (option)
- ½ Tablespoon fresh lime or lemon juice
- ¼ Cup water
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- A head of lettuce(I prefer Roman lettuce), washed and drained
- 1 Cucumber, peeled and sliced
- A handful of fresh
mint leaves , or your favorite fresh herbs.
- Procedures :
Cook 8 cups water in a large pot. When water bubbling add noodle and and cook till noodle tender.Pour cooked noodle in to a colander, rinses under cold water and set a side.
In a large bowl, put beef with garlic, onion, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, black pepper and cayenne pepper together. Mix well.
Add lime juice, water and oil, mix well and refrigerated over night or at least 4 hours.
Cook beef on hot grill to your liking.
To serve: Wraps meat with lettuce or moisten rice paper along with rice vermicelli noodle, or with num banh hoi, sliced cucumber and mix herbs. Dips with sweet fish sauce, or with pickle fish sauce.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.