Salor ma-rek nhoat sach chrouk.
(Grouded pork stuffed bitter melon soup).
Bittler melon stuffed with grounded pork and beanthread noodle is delicious. This is one of Khmer Krom favorite soups. Bitter melon has a sweet bitterly taste that our people like.
- Ingredients :
- 1 lb Grounded pork
- 2 Stalks green onion,chopped
- 1 Small individual package bean thread noodles,soaked in hot water, drained and chopped(approx 1 cup)
- 1 Teaspoon sugar
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon fish sauce
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Large or 2 medium size bitter melon,cut bitter mellon in half (crosswide)and removed seeds
- 8 Cups water
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce.
- 2 Stalk of green onion, chopped
- Procedures :
In a large bowl, mix grounded pork with green onions, beanthread noodles, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon fish sauce and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Mix well.
Stuffed pork stuffing in side bitter melon tube. If you have left over meat makes small meatballs.
Put stuffed bitter melon and pour water in a large soup pot, cook till meat done and water reduce.
Seasoning soup with 1 tablespoon sugar, ½ teaspoon salt and 2 tablespoons fish sauce.
Top with green onion.
Serve hot with rice.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.