Sach ko char xieng pale.
( Beef with vegetables and bean sauce. )
Stir-fry beef with long string bean, cabbage, celery, bell pepper and tomato, and bean sauce is absolute delicious Khmer food.
- Ingredients :
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon grounded bean sauce
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ½ lb Sirloin beef, sliced thin
- 1 Tablespoon
or mushroom sauce
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Yellow onion, sliced
- 1 Piece thumb size fresh ginger root, peeled and sliced thin
- ½ lb Long string bean , cut 2 inches in length
- ¼ Head cabbage, chopped
- 1 Stalk celery, sliced 2 inches in length
- 1 Green bell pepper, seeded and cut chunks bite sizes
- 1 Tomato, sliced chunks
- 2 Stalk green onion, cut an inch in length
- Procedures :
In a small bowl, mix water with cornstarch, grounded bean sauce, soy sauce, and sugar, mix well and set a side.
In a large bowl, marinate beef with oyster sauce and black pepper.
Pre-heat a skillet or wok with high temperature.
When skillet is hot, add oil, garlic, yellow onion, ginger, string bean and cabbage, stirs well and covered skillet with lid for couple minutes.
Removed lid, add marinated beef, celery, bell pepper and tomato, stirs well till meat done.
Seasoning with prepared bean sauce and green onion, stirs well till sauce thicken.
Serve hot with rice.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.