Salor pka chet sach moan.
( Banana flowers with coconut chicken. )
Banana flowers, chicken and coconut milk with a touch of *pahok* pickle fish is Khmer Krom country food.
- Ingredients :
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 Large chicken thighs, de-bones and cut chunks bite sizes
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- ½ Tablespoon sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- ½ Cup coconut milk
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Banana blossom,removes banana flowers, washed and drained
- 1 Stalk fresh or frozen lemon grass , cut 3 inches in length
- 2 Kaffir lime leaf
- 4 Chopped hot chili pepper, or to your taste(option)
- 1 Tablespoon creamy pickle fish paste
- Procedures :
Pre-heat a soup pot.
When soup pot is hot, add oil, garlic, onion and chicken, stirs well.
Add fish sauce, sugar, black pepper, coconut milk and water, stirs well.
Add banana flowers, lemon grass, kaffir lime leaf, and chili pepper, simmering till the meat tender.
Seasoning with *pahok*pickle fish.
Serve hot with rice.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.