Salor pale sach ko.
( Vegetables beef soup.)
Khmer Krom hot spicy beef soup with potato, daikon and cabbage is delicious, and easy to prepare.
- Ingredients :
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Yellow onion, sliced
- 1 lb Beef chuck, cut chunks bite sizes
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- 3 Chopped chili pepper or to your taste(option)
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 5 Cups water
- 1 Canned 8 oz Hunt’s tomato sauce
- 1 Stalk celery, chopped
- 2 White or red potato, peeled and cut chunks
- 1 Cup baby carrot or 1 carrot,peeled and cut chunks
- 1 Cup already peeled and cubes daikon
- 4 Cups chopped cabbage
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ Tablespoon sugar
- Procedures :
Pre-heat a large soup pot.
When soup pot is hot, add oil, garlic, onion and beef, stirs well.
Add soy sauce, salt, chili pepper and black pepper.
Add water, tomato sauce and celery, cook till beef tender.
Add potato, carrot and daikon, cook till potato tender.
Add cabbage, cook till cabbage tender.
Seasoning with fish sauce and sugar. Stirs well.
Serve hot with rice or with hot bread.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.