Nhoam lahong sach moan .
( Cornish hen with green papaya salad. )
Shredded green papaya with steamed Cornish hen , mix herbs and sweet and spicy vinaigrette sauce is delicious Khmer Krom country food.
Back home, Khmer Krom makes this salad with chicken or duck and usually for special occasion.
- Ingredients :
- 1 Cornish hen
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- ¼ Cup water
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ½ Teaspoons salt
- ½ Teaspoon Sambal Olekek chili paste (option)
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Cloves garlic, minced
- ½ Sweet onion, sliced
- 1 approx 2 lbs green papaya , peeled,seeded and shredded or 1 lb already shredded fresh green papaya
- 2 Carrot, peeled and shredded
- A handful of chopped mint leaves, and Asian coriander
- ¼ Cup unsalted roasted peanut, crushed
- Procedures :
Steamed chicken for 45 minutes, removed from heat and set it a side to let it cool down, then cut chicken wings and legs off, cut it thighs to bite sizes and set a side. Removed bone from chicken breast, shredded meat and set it a side.
In a small bowl, mix vinegar with water, sugar, salt, chili paste, fish sauce, garlic and sliced onion together, mix well and set a side.
In a large bowl, mix papaya with carrot, shredded chicken breast meat and herbs together. Pour prepared vinaigrette sauce over and mix well.
Put green papaya salad on a plate, arranges wings and drumsticks on top salad.
Top with crushed roasted peanut before serve.
Serve with rice or serve as appetizer.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.