Tirk kreoung pahok.
( Grilled fish with pickle fish sauce).
Tirk kreoung pahok is delicious Khmer ethnic food.
For most of us, our happy meals sometime just hot spicy grilled fish with pickle fish sauce and a plate full of fresh raw vegetales, and of course plenty of rice. Yummy!!!! :)
- Ingredients :
- 1 lb Fillet of catfish, basa or any white meat fish
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- ½ Cup fresh or frozen fresh or frozen minced lemon grass
- 3 Chopped hot chili pepper or to your taste(option)
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- ½ Cup creamy style pickle fish(pahok)
- A handfull of chopped sweet basil leaves
- ½ Cup unsalted roasted peanut, crushed
- Procedures :
Grilled or boiled fish. When fish cooked, put fish in a large bowl and use a fork to break up fish meat.
Using mortal and pestles to pounded on garlic, lemon grass and hot chili pepper together, set a side.
Heat up a small sauce-pan.
When sauce-pan is hot, add oil, prepared lemon grass mixture and fish, stirs well.
Add water, sugar, lime juice and creamy picklefish, stirs well and simmering till sauce bubbling, add sweet basil leaves, stirs and remove from heat.
Top with peanut before serve.
Serve hot with rice along with fresh raw vegetables; cabbage, cucumber or my favorite green banana, boiled pka snor and mints.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.