Num pachok sach ko nhoam.
( Rice noodle with coconut beef )
Slice beef over rice vermicelli noodle savory with coconut and sweet fish sauce is delicious Khmer Krom food. A good recipe for hot summer day.
- Ingredients :
- 6 Cups water
- ½ Package rice vermicelli noodle
- 1 lb Lean sirloin or round cut beef, sliced thin trips
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ Teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 Teaspoon sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Sweet yellow onion, sliced
- 1 Cucumber, peeled and juliennes
- 2 Cups chopped Roman lettuce
- A handful of mix herbs; mint, cilantro, and sweet basil leaves, or your favorite herbs.
- Procedures :
Cook 6 cups water in a large pot. When water bubbling add noodle to boiling water and cook till noodle tender. Pour cooked noodle in to a colander, rinses under cold water and set a side.
In a large bowl, put beef with soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, black pepper and garlic. Mix well and set a side.
Pre-heat skillet or wok with high temperature. When skillet is hot add oil and marinated beef, stirs and cook beef to your liking, (rare, medium, or well done.)Add onion, stirs well before turn off the heat.
Put some cooked noodle in a plate or bowl. Add some stir-fry beef and fresh vegetables.
Pour some coconut sauce and some sweet fish sauce on top noodle.
Top with some crushed roasted peanut. Serve immediately.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.