Sach moan cari ang chomkak .
( Grilled curry chicken on stick)
Grilled chicken on sticks with Khmer favorite spices and mango salsa is delicious *mahope sar* appetizer from Khmer Krom in *Mott Chrout* Chau Doc province.
- Ingredients :
- 1 lb Chicken tender or chicken breast, cut long strips
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Stalk green onion, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh or frozen minced lemon grass
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon honey or light brown sugar
- ½ Tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ Tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 Teaspoon paprika
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ Cup water
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil(chicken breast is too dry, oil help meat tender (option)
- Procedures :
In a large bowl, put chicken meat, garlic, onion, lemon grass, curry powder, sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, paprika, black pepper and water, mix well, add vegetable oil, mix well.
Covered bowl with lid or foil and refrigerated it over night or at least 4 hours.
When ready to cook, skewers chicken meat with bamboo sticks and cook on grill with low heat till both sides are golden brown.
Serve hot as appetizer *mahope sar* or with rice and mango salsa.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.