Salor cari swai sach ko.
(Beef curry with mango.)
Curry beef with mango, eggplant, potato and coconut sauce is one of many delicious recipes from Khmer Krom in *Preah Traping* Tra-Vinh province.
My dad's grand uncle who was an excellent cook told my dad that back in the old time, they made this soup with water buffalo meat, and the mango was added to tenderize tough water buffalo meat.
- Ingredients :
- 1 ½ lbs Beef chuck or beef stew, cut chunks bite sizes
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Teaspoon paprika
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Yellow onion,sliced
- ¼ Cup fresh or frozen minced lemon grass
- 2 Kaffir lime leaf
- 1 Cup coconut milk
- 4 Cups water
- 2 Large white potatoes,peeled and cut chunks
- 2 Asian eggplant,peeled and sliced thin
- 2 green or ripe mango peeled, seeded and sliced chunks
- Procedures :
In a large bowl, put beef with soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, paprika, curry powder, salt and black pepper. Mix well and set it a side.
Pre-heat a soup pot.
When soup pot is hot, add oil, garlic, onion and lemon grass. stirs well.
Add marinated beef, kaffir lime leaf, coconut milk and water, stirs well, simmering till meat tender.
Add potato and eggplant, cook till potato tender.
Add mango, cook till soup bubbling.
Serve hot with rice, noodles or with hot bread.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.