Nhoam krote klong krum.
( Grapefruit mussel salad)
Grapefruit with green papaya and mussel is one of Khmer Krom favorite appetizers *mahope sar*. Apple snail and Cherrystone is very good with this recipe also.
- Ingredients :
- 2 lbs Mussel, scrubbed and cleaned shells
- 1 Grapefruit
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1Green papaya, approx 2 lbs, peeled, seeded and shredded, or 4 cups already shredded green papaya
- A handful chopped fresh mint and sweet basil
- 2 Hot chili pepper, chopped (option)
- ¼ Cup unsalted roasted peanut,crushed
- Procedures :
Put mussel in a large pot, pour water enough to cover the mussel and boiled till it shells opened, drained. Removed mussel meat from shells and set it a side.
Peeled and seeded grapefruit, separate each segment into chunks bite sizes and set a side.
In a small bowl, mix fresh limejuice with sugar, salt and fish sauce, set a side.
In a large bowl, mix shredded green papaya, mussel, grapefruit and fresh herbs together, pour lime sauce on top and mix well.
Top with roasted peanut and chili pepper before serve.
Serve with sweet fish sauce
or with Khmer Krom favorite pickle fish dipping sauce (tirk pahok)
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.