Salor machu sach chrouk .
(Sweet, sour, and spicy pork ribs soup. )
Sweet, sour and spicy pork ribs soup flavor with Khmer favorite pahok (pickle fish) is absolutely delicious Khmer Krom ethic food.
- Ingredients :
- 1 ½ Lbs. Pork ribs. Cut to chunks of bite sizes.
- 4 Cups water.
- 1 Green tomato. Cut in wedges.
- 1 Bell pepper ( any color). Seeded and slices.
- ½ Cup fresh or frozen minced lemon grass.
- 1 Clove garlic. Minced.
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves. Minced.
- ½ Teaspoon paprika .
- ¼ Teaspoon turmeric powder, or ½ tablespoon fresh grated turmeric roots.
- 2 Tablespoons cooking oil.
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice.
- 1 Tablespoon creamy style pickle fish. (pahok)
- 1 Tablespoon sugar.
- ½ Cup chopped fresh sweet basil leaves.
- 1 Stalk green onion. Chopped.
- 3 Chopped fresh hot chili pepper or to your taste. (Option).
- ¼ Teaspoon salt.
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper.
- Procedures :
Using mortal and pestles to pounded garlic, lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, turmeric and paprika. Or put garlic, lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, turmeric and paprika in a blender with 1-cup water. Blend well, and set a side.
Heat up a soup pot on the stove. When it hot add cooking oil and pork ribs.
Sprinkles salt and black pepper, stirs and cook pork ribs till it turns brown.
Pour lemon grass sauce on pork ribs and simmering for 10 minutes then pour the remaining 3 cups of water.
Cook the ribs in medium low heat till it tender.
Seasoning with lemon juice, sugar and pahok.
Add green tomato and bell pepper to the soup.
Top with green onion, sweet basil leaves and chili pepper before serve.
Serve hot with rice.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.