Salor kari sap.
(Khmer Krom vegetarian curry.)
Khmer Krom vegetarian curry with tofu, eggplant, potato, lemon grass and coconut milk is very tasty.
- Ingredients :
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Pieces firm tofu, drained and pat dry with paper towel
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh or frozen minced lemon grass
- 1 Small yellow onion, sliced
- ½ Teaspoon paprika
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder
- 1 Potato, peeled and cut chunks bite sizes
- 1 Asian eggplant, cut chunks bite sizes
- 1 Cup coconut milk
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Tablespoon mushroom sauce
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- Procedures :
Pre-heat a skillet or wok, when it hot add oil and tofu. Pan fry tofu until both sides golden. Removed tofu from heat, cut chunks and set a side.
Using the same wok, saute' garlic, lemon grass, yellow onion, paprika and curry powder , stirs well.
Add potato, eggplant, coconut milk, water and fried tofu, stirs.
Seasoning with mushroom sauce, salt,sugar and black pepper, stirs and simmering till potato tender and sauce reduced.
Serve hot with rice, noodles or hot crusty bread.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.