Pakon char poat koun.
(Shrimp with baby corn.)
This easy and delicious recipe stir-fry shrimp with shiitake mushroom and baby corn is Khmer Krom men favorite appetizer.
- Ingredients :
- ½-1 lb Medium or large shrimp, peeled and de-veins
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- ½ Cup All purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- 1 Cup water
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
- ½ Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Yellow onion, sliced
- 1 Large carrot, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 Small canned baby corn , drained
- 1 Dozen dried shiitake mushroom. soaked in warm water and drained
- 2 Stalks green onion, cut ½ inch length
- A handfulchopped cilantro for garnish(option)
- Procedures :
In a large bowl, put shrimp with salt, black pepper, flour and cornstarch together, mix well and set a side.
In a small bowl, mix water with soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar, mix well and set a side.
Pre-heat a wok or skillet with high temperature.
When skillet is hot, add oil, garlic and yellow onion, stirs, add carrot,baby corn, mushroom and marinated shrimp,stirs well.
Pour prepare cornstarch sauce over, stirs till shrimp turns darker color pink and sauce thicken, add green onion, stirs.
Garnish with chopped cilantro before serve.
Serve hot as *mahope sar* appetizer or with rice.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.