Salor Kari tnor trey tok .
(Curry fish soup with young jack fruit.)
Curry fish soup with young green jack fruit is delicious Khmer ethic food. The authentic recipe cooked with fish, but some Khmer Krom prefer this recipe cook with chicken.
Back home, whenever my uncle visits us, he always bring some young jackfruit for me to cook with chicken for him. :)
Snakehead fish favor with light curry sauce, and pickle fish(pahok) is also one of my late paternal grandfather favorite childhood foods. Each year my dad make sure we cook curry fish with young green jack fruit for food offerings on New Year Eve, in honor of my late paternal grandfather.
- Ingredients :
- 1 ½ to 2 lbs Snakehead fish, or trout or any white meat fish you prefer. Cleaned and cut to chunk steak. Or ½ chicken. Cut up to bite sizes.
- 1 Canned sliced young jack fruit. Drained.
- ¼ Cup fresh or frozen minced lemon grass.
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves. Minced.
- 1 Cup coconut milk.
- 3 Cup water.
- 1 Tablespoon creamy style pickle fish (Pahok).
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce.
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder.
- 1 Tablespoon sugar.
- 2 Tablespoons cooking oil.
- ¼ Teaspoon paprika.
- ½ Yellow onion. Chopped.
- 3 Cloves garlic. Minced.
- 3 Hot chili pepper. Chopped.(Option).
- Procedures :
Pre-heat a cooking pot, when is hot add cooking oil.
Saute' lemon grass, garlic, onion, chili pepper, and kaffir lime leaves. Stirs well.
Add water, coconut milk, curry powder, paprika, young jack fruit and fish. Stirs well and cooked till fish tender.
Seasoning with pickle fish(pahok), fish sauce and sugar.
Simmering for 10 minutes before serve.
Serve hot with rice.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.