(Fishball and cucumber soup.)
Fish ball with cucumber soup is delicious Khmer Krom country food.
- Ingredients :
- 1 lb Fresh or frozen grounded fish paste (sold at most Asian market)
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- ½ Tablespoon sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 Stalks green onions, chopped
- 4 Cups of water
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ Tablespoon of sugar
- ½ Teaspoon of salt
- 3 Large cucumber, cut in half and sliced
- 1 Stalk chopped green onion
- A handful of chopped fresh cilantro
- A dash of black pepper
- For Authentic Khmer soup (with pahok)when water boiled add:
- ¼ Cup fresh or frozen minced lemon grass
- ½ Tablespoon creamy style pickle fish (pahok)
- 1 Tablespoon roasted rice powder
- Procedures :
In a large bowl, mix grounded fish paste with fish sauce, sugar, black pepper, oil and green onion together, mix well, dips your hand in water to prevent sticking, take some marinated grounded fish rolls in to small ball,when done set a side.
Cook water in a soup pot till water bubbling, carefully drops fishballs in to boiling water, stirs.
Seasoning soup with fish sauce, sugar and salt, stirs well.
Add cucumber and cook it for about 5 minutes.
Top with green onion, cilantro and black pepper.
Serve hot with rice or with hot crusty bread.
Note:If you like pahok add lemon grass when you boiled water.
Add pahok and roasted rice powder when you seasoning soup.
Add cucumber and cook 5 minutes, top with green onion and black pepper.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.