Sach ko nung slirk s'krey chomkak.
(Lemon grass beef kabob)
Delicious hot and spicy lemon grass beef kabob is Khmer ethnic food that most people prefers serves for mahope sar *appetizer*. Khmer people love spicy hot food; the hotter is the better. :) Omit chili pepper if you can't eat hot spicy food.
- Ingredients :
- 1-1½ lbs Sirloin steak, sliced thin strips
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Stalk green onion, minced
- 1/3 Cup fresh or frozen minced lemon grass
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar or honey
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 4 Chopped fresh hot chili peppers or to your tasted(option)
- ¼ Cup water
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Procedures :
In a large bowl, put beef with remaining ingredients together, mix well, covered bowl with foil and refrigerated it over night or at least 4 hours.
When ready to cook, threads slice of beef through skewers, and
cook it on hot grill till your liking.
Serve hot with rice.
Most Khmer Krom prefers beef kabob with peanut sauce , or pickle fish sauce *tirk pahok* .
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.