Trey char num um xua.
(Fish with bean thread noodle.)
This recipe with colorful vegetable stir-fry with fish,bean thread noodle, fermented soybean and ginger sauce is delicious. Clear, fine bean thread noodle made from mung bean. It is one of traditional ingredients that our people cook on Khmer New Year for good luck.
- Ingredients :
- ¼ Cup water
- 2 Tablespoons fermented sweet soy bean
- ½ Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Yellow onion, sliced
- ½ Teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 Carrot, peeled and sliced thin
- ½ lb Filet snakehead fish, cod fish or shark steak filet, sliced thin
- 2 Stalks celery, chopped
- ½ Cup dried black fungus mushroom, soaked, drained and sliced thin
- 1 Small package,approx 1.7 oz bean thread noodles, soaked and drained
- 3 Stalks green onion, cut to ½ inch length
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- Procedures :
In a small bowl, mix water with fermented sweet soybean and sugar together, set a side.
Pre-heat a wok or skillet in high temperature.
When it hot add oil, garlic, yellow onion, ginger and carrot, stirs well.
Add fish, celery and fungus mushroom, stirs till fish tender.
Add bean thread noodle and green onion, stirs well
Seasoning with sweet soybean sauce, stirs well.
Sprinkles black pepper.
Serve hot with rice.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.