Mee Um-Pong .
(Crispy egg noodle.)
Crispy fried egg noodle with vegetables and combo meats is delicious. Authentic Khmer Krom recipe has many ingredients which people usually reserve for special occasions. One great thing about this recipe is that you can add any your choices vegetables or meat, and with either only seafood or meat only.
- Ingredients :
- 2 Cups vegetable oil for deep fry noodle
- ½ Package thin egg noodle,( sold in cold or frozen section at Asian market)
- 1 ½ Cups water
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Yellow onion, sliced
- 3 oz Lean pork, sliced thin
- 3 oz Boneless chicken breast, sliced thin
- 2 oz Pork liver, sliced thin
- 3 oz Lean beef, sliced thin
- 4 oz Shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 oz Squid, sleaned and cut bite sizes
- 3 oz Broccoli flowers, cut chunks bite sizes
- 1 Small can sliced bamboo shoot, drained
- 3 oz Sugar peas
- 4 Stalks green onion,chopped
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- Procedures :
Pre heat 2 cups vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok. If you like fried noodle to shape like a bowl or bird's nest use small saucepan to fry noodle.
While waiting, take a bundle of egg noodle and losen it out, carefully drops noodle in to hot oil and fry till it crispy.
Removed fried noodle from hot oil, put in a stainless steel colander and set it a side to drain excessive oil.
In a small bowl, mix water with fish sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce, cornstarch and sugar together, mix well and set it a side.
Heat up a large skillet or wok.
When skillet is hot, add 2 tablespoon vegetable oil, add garlic, yellow onion, pork meat and chicken meat, stirs till meat tender.
Add pork liver, beef, shrimp and squid, stirs till shrimp turns darker color pink.
Add broccoli and bamboo shoot, stirs till broccoili cook to your liking, add sugar peas, stirs well, do not over cook vegetables.
Seasoning with prepared cornstarch sauce, stirs well till sauce thicken.
Add green onion, stirs well.
Put fried noodle on a serving plate, put hot stir-fried vegetables and meat on top of fried noodles, sprinkles black pepper on top and serve immediately.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.