(Khmer Krom Persimmon coffee cake.)
Persimmon coffee cake with walnut is moist and delicious that I can never bake it fast enough for my family. This Khmer Krom recipe is so easy, it's *a piece of cake* for anyone who love to bake. :)
- Ingredients :
- 1 Teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon All purposes flour
- 3 eggs
- 1½ Cup sugar
- 1 Stick butter, melted
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ Teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 Cups All purposes flour
- ¼ Cup water
- 4 Ripped persimmon, peeled, seeded,and mashed
- 6 oz Walnut, approx 1½ cup
- 2 Tablespoons white power sugar
- Procedures :
Pre heat oven at 350 degree.
Grease a cake pan or 2 bread pans with oil, sprinkles 1 tablespoon flour on bottom of cake pan and set it a side.
In a mixing bowl, put eggs, sugar and melted butter, mix well till sugar creamy. Add salt, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla, flour, water and persimmon, mix well, add walnut, stirs well. Pour mixture in cake pan.
Bake in pre-heated oven for 25 minutes or till when inserts toothpick in to cake and it come out clean.
Remove cake pan from oven, set a side till cake cool off before take cake out. Sprinkles white powder sugar on top cake.
Serve with coffee or tea.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.