Salor machu sap.
(Vegetarian sweet, sour and spicy soup).
Khmer Krom vegetarian sweet, sour and spicy soup with tofu, pineapple, Asian rhubard stalks, celery, tomato and bean sprouts, and lemon grass flavor is delicious.Tofu is a wonderful source of protein that very popular with vegetarian recipes.
- Ingredients :
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Clove garlic, sliced thin
- 1 Tablespoon fresh or frozen minced lemon grass
- 4 Cups water
- 1 Small can chunk pineapple or ½ fresh pineapple, cut chunks
- 1 Stalk celery, chopped
- 2 Piece firm tofu, cut to bite sizes
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vegetarian oyster sauce (mushroom sauce)
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup cut Asian rhubarb/taro stalk (kdath), peeled and sliced
- 2 Cups bean sprouts
- 1 Cup cherry tomato or 1 medium tomato, cut wedges
- 1 Stalk green onion, chopped
- ½ Cup chopped rice paddy herb (ma-om)
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Chopped hot chili pepper(option)
- Procedures :
Pre heat a soup pot. When soup pot is hot add oil and garlic. Sauté the garlic till brown, removed roasted garlic and put it in a small bowl, set that a side. Add lemon grass to soup pot, stirs well. Add water, pineapple, celery and tofu, and cook till water bubbling.
Seasoning with lemon juice, sugar, vegetarian oyster sauce and salt, stirs well.
Add Asian rhubard, bean sprouts, and tomato, stirs.
Top with green onion, rice paddy herb, chili pepper, black pepper and roasted garlic.
Serve hot with rice.
Copyright by Mylinh Nakry.